To travel to Nosara, four-wheel-drive-cars are handy, but in dry season not really necessa ry.
Driving time from
* San Jose: via the new Tempisque bridge approximately 6 hours.
* Liberia International Airport: via Nicoya approximately 2.5 hours.
* Sansa: daily between San José Intl. Airport and Nosara.
Telephone: (506) 221 94 14 / www.flysansa.com
* Nature Air: daily between San José / Pavas Airport and Nosara
Telephone: (506) 220 30 54 / www.natureair.com
Charter flights to Nosara can be arranged at any time.
* San José: The Alfaro Bus Company departs from San José to Nosara daily at 6:00 a.m., leaving from the Coca-Cola bus terminal, 14th street, 5th avenue. Fare is about $8.00 and it takes between 6 and 7 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions. The telephone number is: 222-2666. Buy your ticket in advance.
* Nicoya: Local bus (telephone number 685 53 52) from Nicoya to Nosara at approximately 10 a.m., 12 o’clock, 3 p.m.